Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meet Your 2011 Team Nicaragua Delegates: Jennifer Ocampo


Hola amigos! My name is Jennifer Ocampo. I am of Colombian descent but was born and raised in a small town in New Jersey called Englewood.I am a sophomore here at Montclair State University and although I am currently undeclared, pretty soon I will be declaring a Psychology major and a possible Biology minor. Team Nicaragua is a project very dear to my heart because unlike most people, I have had the opportunity to spend summers in Colombia and witness extreme poverty first hand. I know this is going to be an amazing opportunity not only to reach outside of our comfort zones and learn about the disparities in a developing country but also in making lasting changes within our communities and ourselves. This is a journey worth taking and I am looking forward to doing so with arms wide open. All the members of this years delegation are truly amazing people and I know we will all leave lasting footprints with this project along the way. With that being said, I am counting down the days for take off! Team Nicaragua 2011 a.k.a EQUIPO ESPERANZA!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment